Should you have any questions pertaining to these rules, please ask in the #general_help channel of our Discord. It is the responsibility of all players to ensure that they are up-to-date with the current rule-set and are aware of any changes, as these can occur at any time and without supplied notice. Ignorance of rule-set changes will not be accepted as sufficient justification for non-adherence and any action carried out as a consequence cannot be contested.
Rule-set Version: 7.0.5
Date Updated: 07/02/21
New Additions and Changes
- External comms is defined as using third party software to communicate with other players rather than in game. Players, whilst in the server, are permitted to do so, however it is asked that players utilise the group chats presented in the OceaniaRP discord itself. It is also reminded that any communication in these Discord channels are NOT to be used as IC communications, and is still a breach in our rule set. We also ask that these communications are not used during active IC situations/interactions
Conditions of Entry
- All players requesting access to our roleplay community must complete a mandatory application in order to be considered for whitelist access. You can find that application here.
- All players must be a member of our discord to be considered for whitelisting. You can join it here.
- Any player who breaches the rules, their whitelist access will be removed, resulting in access to both the game server and expanded list of channels being revoked.
- Due to the age rating placed on Grand Theft Auto V, we will only be accepting players 18 years or older.
- Knocked Out / KO: Any player that suffers a critical injury and is revived by EMS or respawns at a medical facility.
- Critical Injury (previously Death): The result of an accident or purposeful harm to another player that results in their character being knocked out, such as a car accident or being shot.
- Death (Permadeath): The result of a character being killed and their story ending permanently.
- Airlifted (Respawn): When a player is critically injured and respawns inside of Pillbox Hospital or the Bolingbroke infirmary (when jailed upon respawn).
- Store Robbery: Any theft of funds at a convenience store like 24/7 or liquor store.
- Player Robbery: Any theft of items from a player in-game.
- Heist: Any ‘major robbery’ from somewhere that isn’t a convenience store – they’re usually more complicated and take more effort, plus give out high rewards. Our current heists include the Pacific Standard Bank, Fleeca Banks and the Jewellery store.
General Rules and Zero Harassment Policy
- All players are to treat each other with respect at ALL TIMES. Any form conversation or roleplay involving racism, sexual harassment, rape, and hate-speech will result in a permanent ban from our community (without the opportunity to appeal).
- Being or breeding toxicity in any platform can have you removed from the community. If you have an issue, address it properly through our Discord ticketing system found in #ticket_request. Do not be involved in or breed toxicity with the goal to create drama.
- Roleplay that violates the Twitch Terms of Service (ToS), Twitch Community Guidelines and our Ruleset are strictly prohibited.
- All players are to comply with requests and directives made by the server administrators and moderators.
- Abusive behaviour towards staff as a result of bans will result in a permanent ban.
- Any help needed from staff may only be requested through OOC channels – do not text, call or tweet an admin/mod in game for assistance or contact them verbally to do so. This is breaking character and is a bannable offence. Staff are also trying to roleplay, and it is advised to use #general_help on Discord.
- We have a zero tolerance harassment policy. It results in permanent bans without the chance to appeal.
- Players should keep in mind that they can not and will not ‘win’ all roleplay situations and that losing is oftentimes great for roleplay.
- Players can not report a general game rule break of another player once 24 hours have elapsed unless this is a bullying or personal/sexual harassment issues.
- It is reminded to use common sense in situations. Don’t do something if you know it is going to cause a negative impact on another player’s gaming experience.
Zero Tolerance Harassment Policy
OceaniaRP takes harassment seriously and has a ZERO tolerance for any harassment targeted toward any member of our own, or any other community. This harassment can be in the form of discriminatory behavivour, using slurs, sexual harassment, emotional harassment, bullying, toxic behavior and more. Some examples of these are, but are not limited to;
- Discriminatory Behaviour
- The use of discriminatory words or slurs both in and out of character.
- Portraying your character as a discriminatory stereotype that could cause offence.
- Exluding players from roleplay due to discrimination against them or their character.
- Sexual and Emotional Harassment
- Contacting other players with inappropriate or sexual messages.
- Making unwanted advances on other players, both in game and out.
- Inappropriate focus on a player, both in game and out.
- Inappropriate use of /me to sexually harass or force erotic roleplay.
- Attacking, belittling or insulting another community member both in and out of game. This includes other platforms such as Reddit, Twitch and Twitter.
- Shaming another player for their roleplay attempts.
Voice and Communication
- External comms is defined as using third party software to communicate with other players rather than in game. Players, whilst in the server, are permitted to do so, however it is asked that players utilise the group chats presented in the OceaniaRP discord itself. It is also reminded that any communication in these Discord channels are NOT to be used as IC communications, and is still a breach in our rule set. We also ask that these communications are not used during active IC situations/interactions.
- Unless instructed otherwise by an administrator, ALL in-game interactions must remain in character.
- When using in-game voice communications, you must use push to talk.
- The /me function is in place to add more detail to roleplay where necessary. This is used primarily in medical roleplay such as ‘/me Sutures up your wounds’. Do not abuse the /me command with OOC things.
- If you find a radio channel used by others you can not identify them via their voice. If they self-identify by name or correlating location, you can use that. If you don’t want to be caught it is suggested to utilise codenames.
- Characters are not to be named anything that may be considered offensive, inflammatory, or disrespectful to any individual or group.
- Character attire or appearance must not violate any standards of conduct (ie. must not be nude or offensive).
- All characters can have the same name and personality as previous seasons, however, they must not have any knowledge or ties to any pre-existing characters or storylines.
- Players are NOT permitted to roleplay as characters who are related to another character they actively roleplay as (i.e. Your main character cannot be the sibling to your secondary character).
- A player may not create a new character with the sole purpose of interacting with any of their previous character’s associates or storylines.
- New characters are not to be used as a way of avoiding any form of consequential action (i.e. law breaking, permadeath etc.).
- Characters cannot be outlandish in nature without solid RP reasoning, including but not limited to: serial killers, superheroes, cannibals, witches or supervillains.
- Players may only have a maximum of TWO characters. If the player wishes to have a THIRD character, they must create a database change ticket in our discord and give reasoning behind wanting a third character.
- EMS and Law Enforcement are NOT permitted to be corrupt.
- Erotic RP is STRICTLY not permitted on OceaniaRP. Alluding to and joking about sexual acts is fine without excess, but actually roleplaying out sexual activities is not.
- Pregnancy storylines resulting in a birth on the server are not permitted, but a female character may use it as a reason to leave the city or refer to already having had children.
- All players must make all efforts and attempts to engage in roleplay scenarios and events in an organic matter, and must remain mindful not to force involvement where it is unwanted, or where no logical roleplay for that character exists.
- Griefing other players to force them into a roleplay situation is not permitted. Any form of griefing will not be tolerated.
- At this point in time, personal player vehicles are capped at a limit of ten vehicles in your personal garage. This does NOT include work purchased vehicles (eg. EMS and PD).
Value of Life and Value of Freedom
- All players must value their lives, regardless of their profession or role. All players must seek to avoid death. Your character does not want to die at any time.
- If a player is being taken hostage or held at gunpoint, the hostage player is to comply with the demands of the assailant and value their life until they have been released, rescued, or an opportunity to value their freedom arises.
- Your character also values freedom. If your character is being held at gunpoint and attempting to flee would result in injury, you must comply with your attackers. However, If your character has an opportunity to flee, you may do so.
- Example one: Your character is being chased by police with tasers. You value your freedom so you attempt to flee on foot.
- Example two: Your character is being held at gunpoint. Your attacker lowers his weapon to start fixing his car. You are able to tackle the attacker and flee without injury.
- Example three: An attacker pulls up next to your and points a gun at you. If you try and flee it could result in injury, so you must comply.
- This is very situational so judge each instance appropriately, and don’t be a shitlord about it.
- Definition: Metagaming is a term used in role-playing games, which describes a player’s use of out-of-character knowledge, to determine the actions taken in game with their characters.
- Metagaming is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN on OceaniaRP.
- Any information in the discord that is NOT strictly marked as “In Character” is not to be used IC. For example: Stating you know two people have been hanging out because you saw them in a screenshot posted to the GTA RP discord or ‘I saw that on your bodycam’.
- Major character advantage planning/organisation MUST NOT be planned via email, and instead must be played in game. Emailing must only be used for the expansion of narrative plots, not to gain power over other characters/players.
- You may not log-in to assist in a situation because you saw your friends in trouble on a stream, or were told to do so via Discord.
- Watching the stream of a player of a different faction is forbidden. This includes criminals watching police streams, and criminal factions watching rival factions streams. Pushing this outside knowledge to also be relayed in game is also forbidden and is considered metagaming.
- Definition: Powergaming is the term used to describe player actions or behaviour where the player disregards any conventional rules of roleplay or structure to provide their character with an unfair advantage. For example, a character that has developed superhuman abilities that makes them invincible.
- Powergaming is STRICTLY PROHIBITED on OceaniaRP.
- Players can not use /me to powergame – such as, but not limited to: “/me *breaks out of cuffs*”
- Players should roleplay realistically with their injuries. If you’ve been shot six times even after receiving treatment you should roleplay with weakness and pain – instantly getting up to pursue your attackers is powergaming.
- Using another player to transfer money between two or more of your own characters is NOT ALLOWED.
- The use of crosshairs are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. This is considered powergaming as it gives an unfair advantage over other players.
Injuries and Amnesia (New Life Rule)
- If your death is the result of a player using a firearm or explosive – regardless of whether you were airlifted or saved by EMS on the spot – you CANNOT remember key details such as specific identity, license plates, etc., about anyone that was involved in your death in the situations directly leading up to your death. There is no time requirement on this, this rule applies from when the threats begin.
- You may remember small details like make/model/colour of the vehicle involved/on scene, outfit colour and mask detail. You can also remember the why and how – What the reason was, and where it was done, but NOT who did it.
- For example: Moey shot you for snitching on him about stealing Samantha’s car and using it for crime. You remember someone shooting you for snitching.
- If you died from a melee or environmental attack such as falling, being stabbed, being hit by a car, ect. – You can remember everything, but you can choose to forget points of information if you want your character to do so.
- Reading texts, checking twitter or yellow pages, or talking to another player are all ways you can recall information lost to amnesia. Remember to roleplay out your injuries.
- If you are responsible (directly or indirectly) for critically injuring (downing) another player, you must not pursue the victim straight after they are rescued. A reasonable amount of time must pass before you can engage with that player again.
- If you are downed, you are barely conscious/unconscious. You must not relay information while downed, and cannot retain any information gained while you are downed.
- If you are downed, you must NOT return to an active situation after receiving treatment from any form of medical professional (EMS, Grandma’s, Nancy, ect.)
Permadeath and Total Amnesia
- Roleplay situations that involve the permanent end to a character’s life and storyline, otherwise known as permadeath or perma are NOT to be taken lightly.
- Players are to thoroughly consider the consequences of their actions and the appropriate level of response required. This may mean avoiding dangerous plotlines that should surely end in death if permadeath is not your eventual intention. For example: Aggravating an entire gang faction and killing one of their members.
- Only the player of a character can authorize or permit their character to be permanently killed.
- You must not perma your character for the sake of avoiding RP situations or consequences, such as avoiding conflict or large fines. A perma death must be either thought out, or have substantial RP build up.
- RP situations involving permadeath by way of suicide or self-harm are STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- When planning a perma death, you must create a database ticket in #ticket_request so we can clear all your player assets.
Player Combat and Safe Zones
- To engage in combat with another player or faction, you must have sufficient RP build-up and reason to do so.
- When two factions are at war individual engagement is not needed. The war is the engagement.
- If you are engaged in roleplay combat you may not leave the server until the conflict has ended. This includes being detained by the police for questioning or when you’re in the jail cells awaiting processing.
- Even if you have died, you cannot get airlifted (respawn) to the hospital as the situation is still ongoing, and counts as combat logging/situation avoidance. You may only respawn if there is zero chance of you being rescued, and the active situation has either ended, or moved on.
- When involved in an active situation, you must not retreat to a “safe zone” or log out for 10 minutes after the situation. Safe Zones are places other players cannot freely enter, such as player owned houses/properties or behind lockable doors. If you log out, this is classified as combat logging and will result in a ban.
- When engaging with conflict with a player, if that player is knocked unconscious at any time, you MUST NOT engage in any further conflict after they’ve been downed. This includes but is not limited to: Shooting a player, having them revived, and then robbing the player. This is considered powergaming as they cannot engage in combat with you as per the injuries rule: If you are downed, you must NOT return to an active situation after receiving treatment from any form of medical professional (EMS, Grandma’s, Nancy, ect.).
Tackling and Lifting
- You should only be tackling someone in a combat situation if you have intent or RP reason to do so.
- Do not carry/lift players on bicycles, ATV’s, motorcycles and jet skis. The ONLY exception is if said player is downed and you’re attempting to rescue them.
- Do not pick up and carry random strangers on the street. You must have intent and RP reason to carry someone.
- Users are not to use the lift mechanism to continuously move downed players away from EMS. You may only move unconscious players for the first ten minutes of them becoming unconscious.
- Users can not use the ‘lift’ mechanisms to carry more than one unconscious/injured person at a time.
- You may carry an unconscious person whilst driving a car, as long as there is an empty seat in the car for that unconscious body to be placed in. For example: In a four seater car, you may have yourself, the unconscious body, and TWO other players.
Glitch Exploitation and Hacking
- If you find a bug that gives you some sort of personal gain, you must report it by making a bug report ticket.
- Exploiting a bug for personal gain is a punishable offense.
- OceaniaRP does not allow the use of modified clients and trainers. Anyone found using these WILL be permanently banned.
General Criminal Activities
- You may steal player owned vehicles and chop them, however, you MUST NOT steal EMS and PD vehicles without proper RP reasoning. Joyriding is NOT proper RP reasoning.
- Criminal activities are to be conducted via primarily ground vehicles . If players wish to use air or sea vehicles, they must be located at an external location and be traveled to.
- Heists, robberies, and drug sales MAY NOT be conducted on, or utilizing motorcycles or player-owned supercars.
- When robbing a player, if that player manages to get away while you are robbing them, you must stop stealing their items.
- “Volunteer hostages” are NOT permitted.
- Mask’s muffle your voice. Players wearing a mask (full or half) cannot be identified by their voice.
- When committing a crime, your getaway vehicle must have enough seats to allocate each criminal. Eg. Three criminals require three seats. You cannot have someone “sit on your lap”.
- Players are not to deliberately act criminally with the sole intent of baiting the Police Department.
- Hostage takers MUST NOT carry or lift hostages – Hostages MUST walk themselves.
- Your vehicle – Even if it does not physically have plates, has a VIN number. Police can identify your vehicle as belonging to you upon inspection. If you do not want to be traced to a crime, consider using a stolen vehicle.
Crews and Factions
- Criminal Organisations are currently limited to eight active members. Organisations may have associates who do not count towards this number, however, external individuals who are ‘honorary’ members that attend meetings, wear crew colours, ect., are prohibited.
- Any criminals participating in a crime at one location is limited to four. This includes but is not limited to drug sales, gunfights and robberies.
- If rescuing a captured friend, they are NOT included in your crew limit, however, they cannot engage in combat if it were to occur.
- You cannot send players in ‘from the bench’ as a person in the four man group goes down to replace them, to keep the numbers constantly at four alive. It is strictly four, dead or alive.
- For any newly formed gang/faction, you may get in contact with staff via a database ticket to ensure the staff can facilitate accordingly.
Jail and Jailbreaks
- Players are NOT to use vehicles/aircrafts to land in, or break the fences in order to gain access to the prison. This includes physically jailbreaking a player, or ‘hanging out’ with a player serving a sentence.
- Players can only leave prison by serving their time, or, by being broken out via available jailbreaking methods such as doorhacking.
- Criminal crew numbers apply when attempting a prison break. For example, if a four man crew is breaking out one person, you cannot give a gun to that one person to fight, as that crew total will become five. However, if it was a three person crew, that would become the fourth and can fight.
- Jailbreaks vehicle rules are the same as all other criminal activities. Please refer to “General Criminal Activities”.